There is something for everyone at Bosom Buddies and we would love you to join us and welcome you into our warm, friendly and understanding community.
WELCOME TO BOSOM BUDDIES
Bosom Buddies is a support group initiated by breast cancer survivors, run as a project of the Breast Health Foundation.
We seek to support all those affected by breast cancer through telephonic care trees.
Breast Cancer Facts & Figures
- One in every 31 woman in South Africa is diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Breast cancer is the second most common cancer in South Africa.
- Approximately 5% of woman diagnosed in South Africa are younger than 35 years old.
- There has been an alarming increase in woman under the age of 25 being diagnosed with breast cancer.
- If breast cancer is detected early enough, there is a survival rate of more than 95%.